Jailbreak 4.1 iOS on Iphone 3G Ipod Touch 2G using RedSn0w [ for Windows only ] , was released by iPhone Dev Team few hours ago. Sadly, GreenPois0n will not support any jailbreak on 3rd generation devices. Here is the tutorial to jailbreak Your iPhone 3G using RedSn0w on Windows computer. I will be writing the jailbreak on MAC in the next post , so stay updated .
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on Iphone 3G Ipod Touch 2G :
- Download iOS 4.1 on your PC from the download page
- Now update to the latest firmware on your iphone 3G using the Upgrade tutorial and preserve your baseband
- Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 and click browse [ RedSn0w Download ]
- Now select the firmware you want to install i.e. iOS 4.1
- Click Install Cydia and proceed by clicking on Next
- A prompt will appear to put the device in DFU mode. Now put your device in DFU mode . Keep holding the Home button.
- A complete white screen will appear, now release the home button . You will notice that an automated process has started which will jailbreak your device. Now wait for some time for the process to complete.
- You jailbreak is now complete . Now you have to install Cydia on your device . At this point you’ll see that Cydia has no sources. You have to add the sources.
- Under Sources add the following : http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7
- Please note that you must have the carrier or Wi-Fi signal else the process will fail.
- This will restart your device and you will have a jailbroken iPhone 3G with Cydia .
Have fun !! Dont forget to share this tutorial with your friends . For more tips and updates , Subscribe to Jailbreak Updates via Email or Join us on Facebook
** Things to note : If you have an “MC” model of the iPod Touch 2G , your 4.1 jailbreak will be tethered. (Please roll back to a firmware supported by Jailbreakme.com)
Redsn0w “Waiting for Reboot” Fix 1
- Make sure that you have downloaded the right .IPSW firmware file for your device.
Redsn0w “Waiting for Reboot” Fix 2
- If you are running a 64bit windows operating system then run the redsn0w tool in 32bit Windows XP compatible mode to . This shoulde solve the issue.
Redsn0w “Waiting for Reboot” Fix 3
- Keep redsn0w running in your computer while you Unplug your iphone – ipod touch and Plug it back again .Try doing thismultiple times to make it work.
Redsn0w “Waiting for Reboot” Fix 4
- Unplug your USB cable from your PC and Plug it in a different USB port, preferably in a port closer to the computer and not to a hub.
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish