The iPod 5 is ripe for jailbreaking, being fully capable of running on Apple’s latest firmware, 6.1.2. If you have upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 , your device can be jailbroken tethered using Redsnow , otherwise downgrade your 6.1.3 device using our tutorial . Jailbreak on 6.1.3 possible only on pre-A5 devices . Follow these steps to carry out a fully working, untethered jailbreak using Evasi0n on 6.1.2 (all devices):
- Backing up your iPod Touch 5 makes sense; you can use iTunes or iCloud, whichever is easier.
- Your iPod Touch 5 should be upgraded to iOS 6.1.2 before you go any further. iTunes is the best and safest way to do this.
- You should disable your passcode lock before proceeding.
- Go to this link and select the right jailbreak tool for your particular OS.
- Launch the evasi0n jailbreak tool, you’ll find the icon on your desktop
- Wait for evasi0n to recognize your iPod Touch 5 and then click the large jailbreak button
- Evasi0n is now going to start jailbreaking your iPod Touch 5.Hold fire on touching anything until you get a request to unlock your iPod home screen.
- Find the new jailbreak icon and tap it.
- The jailbreak tool will now proceed to complete the sequence and when it reboots back to your lock screen, unlock and you will see the Cydia icon.
That’s all there is to it. You now have a fully jailbroken iPod Touch 5, ready for your customization. See the YouTube Video below :
|Share on Facebook|| |
Edited and Published by Sourish