Apple has started to sell Micro USB adapter for iPhone iPod Touch and iPad . These adapters will support micro usb that can be inserted in the regular 30 pin dock connector and used for iTunes Syncing and Charging (image below).
The introduction of the new usb adapter is to minimize useless cable incompatibilities and be compliant to the standards existent in various countries . For example all phones sold in the EU are required to support micro USB .
- For use with iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch
- 3.5 mm headphone jack for audio and a Micro USB port for syncing and charging
- Use this adapter when traveling internationally
- Simply plug-in the adapter and use a Micro USB charger or cable.
- Lightweight and compact design makes for great portability.
Where to Buy :
The micro usb adapter is backward compatible with all older generation iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch . It is similar to the micro usb adapters already available in the market for $8 as shown here – Link . You can use somebody else’s mini usb charger to charge and sync your iPhone .