It’s took a long time to release but it’s finally here. Released earlier today was the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak tool, evasi0n, after many months of hard work by team evad3rs. Follow these steps to jailbreak your iPhone 4S:
- PC running Windows XP or higher, Mac OS X 10.5 or Linux
- Your iPhone 4S on iOS 6.0 or higher
- USB to lightning or 30-pin connector cable
- The following tutorial
Follow these steps in order:
- The first thing you need to do before attempting jailbreak is backup all your stuff your iPhone 4S with either iTunes or wirelessly via iCloud. This way, if anything does go wrong you still have all your data. If you have back up passwords in iTunes you will need to disable them before you back up – you can enable them again afterwards.
- Save you SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
- Download Evasi0n jailbreak on your computer
- Download iOS 6.1 onto your iPhone 4S using iTunes – Do not do this OTA or Over The Air method. You don’t have to upgrade if you don’t want to but, as the jailbreak supports all versions of iOS 6 you may as well get the most up to date features before you jailbreak.
- If you have a passcode lock on your device, turn it off. You can do this by going to Settings, General and Passcode lock.
- Close down iTunes , you don’t need it for this process.
- Start evasi0n jailbreak app on your pc
- Connect your iPhone 4S to your computer with the USB cable and check that the jailbreak software recognizes it.
- Click on Jailbreak and let evasi0n go through the process of jailbreaking your iPhone 4S
- It will take a while to run through so don’t touch anything unless you are prompted to do so.
- You will be asked to unlock the screen on your iPhone 4S and tap on the “jailbreak” icon you will see on the home screen When you’ve done this the screen will go black and then your home screen will reappear.
- After this, everything is automatic; you will not need to do anything else until the jailbreak is complete. During the final process your iPhone 4S will reboot a couple of times and then you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
- If the jailbreak fails or is inactive for a long period of time, you can reboot your iPhone 4S and start the process over.
How to Run Cydia on iOS 6.1
Tap on the Cydia icon and let it run through the file preparation system. You will be asked to confirm if you are an owner, hacker or developer. After a couple of seconds you will be at the Cydia home page where it will run through repository setup. Once done you are free to explore and download to your heart’s content.
Cydia is going to be busy for a while . If you are using an iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch or iPhone 5/4 please see our other tutorials.