At long last, the untethered jailbreak for all devices using iOS 6 and upwards is now ready for release. It’s been a long time coming but we can assure you that it will all have been worth the wait. This tutorial covers the steps needed to jailbreak your iPhone 4 using the evasi0n jailbreak tool kindly provided by team evad3rs.
Your System Requirements are:
- PC on a minimum of Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.5 or Linux x86
- Your iPhone 5 running on iOS 6.0 or higher
- USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer
- The following instructions on how to carry out the jailbreak
We know you’ve been very patient so keep that in check. These steps need to be followed to the letter otherwise it won’t work:
- First of all, back up your iPhone 4 using iTunes or iCloud. This way your data is safe should anything go wrong. If you use backup passwords in iTunes, disable them before doing the backup – you can re-enable them afterwards.
- Make sure your SHSH blobs have been saved using TinyUmbrella
- Download Evasi0n jailbreak ; make sure you pick the right one – Mac, Linux or Windows
- Download iOS 6.1 and update your iPhone 4 using iTunes – Do not do this OTA. Although the jailbreak supports all iOS 6 firmwares, by updating to 6.1 you will get all the best and latest features before you jailbreak.
- Remove passcode lock from your iPhone 4; Go to settings, general, passcode lock and select off.
- Shut down iTunes and Xcode, if applicable.
- Open up evasi0n jailbreak on your computer
- Connect your iPhone 4 to your computer using the cable supplied –either a lightning cable or 30 pin connector. Make sure that evasi0n recognizes your iPhone 4
- Click on Jailbreak, sit back and wait. Evasi0n will now run through the process of jailbreaking your iPhone 4
- If it looks like it’s all got stuck, just be a little bit patient. It takes a while so don’t go touching buttons on your computer or your iPhone
- When it’s finished you’ll have to unlock your iPhone 4 at which point you should see an icon for “Jailbreak” on your home screen. Tap it and the screen should go black for a few seconds and then it will display your home screen again.
- From here on in it’s all automated. The evasi0n jailbreak tool on your computer will tell you “jailbreak complete” when it’s finished and your iPhone 4 will reboot a few times to complete the process. Once done you should see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
- If the jailbreak fails for some reason or gets really stuck, it is perfectly safe to restart it, reboot your iPhone 4 and rerun the jailbreak
How to Run Cydia on iOS 6.1 Jailbroken Device :
Tap on Cydia to open it. You will be asked to choose whether you’re an owner, a hacker or a developer. You will then be given a short run through on repository setup. Be a little patient because they may take some time, depending on how busy the server is.
Activity on Cydia is likely to be high for the first few days so please don’t be surprised if there are delays. Although some work has already been done to prime Cydia it’s not known how many people are going to be trying to access it at any one time. If you are using an iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch or iPhone 5/4S please see our other tutorials.Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish