iPhone Dev Team has released jailbreak for iOS 6 . Using Redsnow you can now jailbreak iPhone 4 and install Cydia on your device running the latest iOS 6 firmware . Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak and install Cydia on your A4 powered device. Ultrasn0w Unlock users skip to the bottom of this article for information about creating custom iOS 6 ipsw and using UltraSn0w Fixer 6.0 .
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS (untethered)
- iPod Touch 4
Non-Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch 5
Steps to Use Redsn0w to Jailbreak iPhone 4 (all A4 devices) :
- First download and install iOS 6 on your device . iOS 6 iPSW file download available here .
- Download Redsnow 0.9.15b1 for your Mac or PC
- Launch Redsn0w . Windows users must click on the Redsnow.exe icon and start it in Administrator Mode as shown here . OS X Mountain Lion users need to launch Redsn0w by using Ctrl-Click on the Redsn0w icon and then selecting Open from the new menu.
- Make sure you have installed iOS 6 and backed up all important data before attempting jailbreak using Redsnow . Connect your device using the USB cable and turn it OFF .
- Click on the Jailbreak button as shown below
- On the next screen select Cydia and follow onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode
- Once Redsnow detected the device in DFU mode , it will begin the jailbreaking process using Limera1n exploit . You will see a black screen with codes running on it
- Soon after the codes stop , your device will reboot with Cydia on your home-screen . Now you can download the awesome jailbreak apps on your iPhone . Make sure to check the compatibility with iOS 6 .
Tethered Boot : How-to
Since this is a tethered boot version of Redsn0w Jailbreak , you have to use it every-time after you turn off the device . For tethered boot , launch Redsn0w and click on Extras > Just Boot option. Follow the on-screen instructions and allow Redsnow to do the rest . Once done, your phone will be successfully booted. Without using this method your phone will remain stuck at the Apple Logo .
UltraSn0w Unlock for iPhone 4 :
If you are running Ultrasn0w Unlock on your iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS , you will first need to preserve your older baseband to successfully unlock on the new iOS 6 firmware . Follow the tutorial here for more details on this process .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish