iPad 3 is here and Apple is calling it by the name “New iPad“. Some bloggers are referring it as iPad HD and some call it iPad 4G for the 4G LTE technology it features . So what is the real difference between the two iPads (iPad 2 and iPad 3) . Below we have pinned down the top hardware changes on the two iPad 2nd and 3rd generation compared .
iPad 2 vd iPad 3 Difference :
- Resolution : iPad 3 features Retina display and has 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution . iPad 2 has 1024-by-768-pixel resolution . See the official video here .
- Camera : The iPad 3 has 5 Mega Pixel camera with advanced optics . iPad 3’s iSight camera now has tap to autofocus and record HD videos at 1080p with in-built video stabilization compared to iPad 2’s 720p video recording capabilities .
- Thickness : iPad 3 measures 0.37 inch (9.4 mm) while the iPad 2 has a thickness of 0.34 inch (8.8 mm) . This makes the 3rd generation iPad slightly thicker keeping all other dimensions same .
- Bluetooth : iPad 2 comes with Bluetooth version 2.1 and iPad 3 has bluetooth version 4.0. This results in improves transfer speeds with other bluetooth devices .
- 4G Connectivity : iPad 3 has 4G LTE technology inbuilt which offers tremendous data transfer speeds in 4G network compared to 3G on iPad 2 .
- Price : Apple has lowered the iPad 2 price by $100 . Thew new iPad 3 sells at $499 for the 16GB WiFi only model while iPad 2 sells at $399 for basic WiFi model .
- Processor : The iPad 2 has dual core A5 processor , while the iPad 3 has A5x processor which significantly improves the graphics performance (gaming , apps etc ) with quad-core graphics unit .
- Weight : iPad 3 weighs 51 gms more than iPad 2 . Hence making it the heavier tablet .
- Battery : 60% larger Battery on the iPad 3 than iPad 2 .
- RAM : 1GB ram on iPad 3 while iPad 2 has 512 MB RAM .
Also Read : iPad 3 FeaturesSponsored Links
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish