Many might have thought the iPad 2 was too old to be worth jailbreaking. However, as long as you can upgrade it to iOS 6.1.2 you can easily jailbreak it using evasi0n v 1.5.3. If you have upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 , your device can be jailbroken tethered using Redsnow , otherwise downgrade your 6.1.3 device using our tutorial . Follow this tutorial for 6.1.2 Jailbreak :
- It’s not a bad thing to back up your iPad 2 on iTunes or in iCloud before you go any further.
- If your iPad 2 is not yet on 6.1.2, hook it up to iTunes and upgrade it. It must be done through iTunes, not OTA.
- Go to your settings and into General to disable the passcode lock, if any, on your iPad 2
- Click here to select your operating system to download the updated jailbreak tool Evasi0n.
- Launch evasi0n from your desktop in Adminstrator Mode
- When your iPad 2 has been connected and recognized by evasi0n, select the jailbreak button
- Your iPad 2 is now undergoing the process of jailbreaking. You will be given the go ahead to unlock your home screen after a couple of minutes
- Locate and tap on the jailbreak icon
- Evasi0n will reboot our iPad 2 a couple of times and, when the jailbreak is complete the Cydia icon will be visible on your unlocked screen
Well done, your iPad 2 is now fully jailbroken. See the Video below :