You can jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1 using the latest Redsn0w release . Only A4 devices like iPhone 4 , iPod Touch 4 and iPad are supported by this jailbreak tool . iPhone 4S and iPad 2 are not supported . This is a tethered jailbreak and needs a computer to reboot the device . Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w users can preserve baseband to unlock their phones . Ultrasn0w will be updated to support this version .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 using Redsnow :
- First update your device to iOS 5.1 (Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w users skip to bottom)
- Backup your device using iTunes
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 for Mac and Windows
- Launch Redsnow in Administrator mode
- Click on Jailbreak and select Install Cydia
- Follow on-screen instructions to enter DFU mode
- Once jailbroken boot your device tethered . For this select Extras > Just Boot .
- (Optional) You can now install Semi-Tether app from Cydia to get partial booting capability .
How to Preserve Baseband using Redsn0w : (Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w)
- Download the iOS 5.1 ipsw file
- Go to Extras > Custom IPSW
- After the custom firmware is created you have to install it on your phone using iTunes . For this you have to go Extras > Pwned DFU .
- Launch iTunes and press SHIFT + Restore button on iTunes and select the custom 5.1 firmware file created in Step 2 .
Note : Gevey Sim should work right away buy Ultrasn0w users have to wait till a new updated version for 5.1 is released . Stay tuned to get the latest iOS 5.1 Unlock and Jailbreak updates . iPhone 4S and ipad 2 users can subscribe below to get jailbreak updates via email
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish