Steps to Jailbreak Iphone 4 4.2.1 – SnowBreeze 2.2 Jailbreak :
- Install latest version of Itunes 10.1.2 on your pc . Sync your device and backup all data .
- Download 4.2.1 ipsw file for your device and place it on your desktop
- Download Snowbreeze 4.2.1 Jailbreak for Windows and run on your device. Make sure you have .Net installed on your PC . Download Link available on the same page for Snowbreeze 2.2 download.
- Now in Snow breeze application windows choose “Expert Mode“.
- Select the ipsw file downloaded in Step 2 and proceed by accepting the notice.
- In the next steps you can check to “Activate the iPhone” if you are not on the official carrier . This will hactivate your phone .
- Select “build ipsw” and allow SnowBreeze to make the custom ipsw firmware file for your device.
- Next step after the custom ipsw firmware file is built , you have to Restore your device to this firmware .
- Start iTunes and press hold “Shift” Button on your keyboard and click Restore on iTunes . This will prompt you to choose the ipsw file of the custom-built firmware you just created with Snowbreeze. Select the appropriate file and allow iTunes to restore it to your device.
- You phone will now restart for the changes to take effect .
- Restore your device to the backup created earlier in Step 1 to get back all data from your previous sync .
If you are getting Error 1601,1604,1600 , then you should download iReb RC 3 on your Windows PC and follow the instruction before restoring to the custom-built firmware . This will help bypass the above errors and allow smooth restoration for your jailbroken device .
If you are facing trouble in following the tutorial above , feel free to ask a question in the Jailbreak Forum . For more information and updates , Subscribe to our Emails and Follow us on Facebook.Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish