Installing SIRI on iPod Touch 4 has become easy with Absinthe 2.0.2 jailbreak tool . Follow the steps below and get SIRI on your iPod Touch 4 legally without paying the premium price of an iPhone 4S or pirating any SIRI files , all using SiriPort tweak on Cydia . Follow the exact steps below to get SIRI working on your iPod which is otherwise exclusive to iPhone 4S users only .
Image below : SIRI on iPod Touch 4 . We tried using it , but it doesn’t work as expected all the time . Buts still its pretty cool to have it , for doing things like settings up alarms , emailing , tweeting , calling , messaging and more that we are yet to explore .
Steps to Install SIRI on iPod Touch 4 :
- First jailbreak your iPod Touch 4 on iOS 5.1.1
- Install Cydia and add the following repository under Sources repo.siriport.ru . Problem adding source , read this
- After the repository is added , search SiriPort.
- Under results select SiriPort (original) and install it. Dont install any other version or it will conflict with the jailbreak and the iPod will not reboot , while getting stuck at the apple logo
- After the SiriPort files are downloaded and installed , reboot the device
- Now open Safari and go to the following address siriport.ru/1.crt . There is no www or http:// in the address url
- Add and install the certificate as shown here
- Reboot your device again .
- After reboot , go to Settings > General > Enable Siri
- Start enjoying SIRI by holding the home button . Siri also comes with dictation . While you tap the Mic icon in the keyword , SIRI will convert any voice message to text .
If you like this post , please share it on Facebook .
How to Use SIRI :
After SIRI is installed , you have to enable it by going to Settings > General > Siri > Enable . Now come back to homescreen and press and hold the home button. Wait for few seconds , the voice control will be replaced by SIRI icon . Tap on the SIRI mic icon for SIRI to read your voice commands . Cancel anytime by taping on the mic icon. Press home button to go back to homescreen and close SIRI .