Siri is now available and supported for installation on iOS 5.1.1 on non-iPhone 4S devices. The new SIRI comes with the name SiriPort (Original) . If you know the usual SiriPort Installation technique , go straightaway to your jailbroken device and install it to get SIRI. Starters can follow the tutorial below to install and run SIRI for the first time . Supported and tested on iPhone 4 , iPod Touch 4 etc .
How to Install SIRI on iOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4 :
- First jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1
- After that launch Cydia and add the following repository repo.siriport.ru (image below) . Common Problem Did not find repository Fix
- After the repository is added and all the packages downloaded search SiriPort .
- Very Important : Under Search results select SiriPort (Original) and install it . Other versions of SiriPort are not supported and will make your iPhone unusable leaving only the Restore option to get it working . ( we did that yesterday )
- The download size is around 100 MB . After the installation is complete , reboot your device
- Now open mobile Safari to go to the following address siriport.ru/1.crt . This is the location where you can download the SIRI activation certificate .
- You will be asked before the certificate is installed. Accept to proceed (image below)
- Reboot your device again
- Now go to Settings > Siri > Toggle On
- Please note that it may take over 24 hours for SIRI to actually respond correctly . Check out some Funny replies from SIRI .
- Start using SIRI by press and holding Home button . You also get Dication using SIRI voice recognition . A new Mic icon is added in the keyboard .
Note Step 4 to install the correct version of SIRI or you device will be stuck on Apple Logo . The Reboot required in Step 5 and Step 8 are important for SIRI activation or it will return the same reply every time you use SIRI “I am really sorry about this, I cannot take any requests right now, please try again in a little while” . If you are facing any problem installing Siri or jailbreaking your iPhone 4 , just Ask A Question in the Forum . We provide Free Support .