Apple iOS is awesome and simply the best operating system running on any mobile device [ currently available on iphone ipod touch and ipad only ]. But recently we have seen a rise in the sales of Android phones all over the world . More and more people are liking this new mobile OS developed by Google .
If you have an iphone 4 , you can try the Android OS on your device without having to buy an Android Phone [ like Samsung Galaxy S - HTC Desire]. There is a new app [BootLace] in Cydia Store that allows you to install and run Android on Jailbroken iPhone . Below are the steps to install iDroid [iOS version of Android] on your iPhone.
There seems to be some issues with installing Android OS on iOS 4 iphone 4 3GS . We are trying to get in touch with the developer to resolve the problem . However this tutorial hold valid for iPhone 3G . We are also expecting the Android release for iPod Touch 4 in the coming month . I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you .
Steps to install Android on iPhone iOS 4 :
- Jailbreak and install Cydia on your iphone [jailbreak iphone 4 4.1 guide here]
- Add the following repo in cydia sources :
- After having the source updated , you can search BootLace inside Cydia using the available search option [in the new added source Neonkoala].
- Download BootLace application on your iphone [size - 580 KB] and tap the install button at top right as shown below .
- After completing the installation process , return to Cydia and tap the home button to launch homescreen . Here you will see the BootLace icon. Tap to launch it .
- Bootlace will now begin downloading the Kernel and start patching your jailbroken iphone 4. Reboot after the process finishes.
- Tap on the BootLace icon again. This time it will show the welcome message . Press ok and select iDroid from the Bootlace App menu as shown below
- Now tap on Install button to begin the installation of Android on iphone 4 . This will download android on your phone . Make sure you have unimterrupted wifi internet so that it wont break down in the middle of downloading.
- Once iDroid has completed installing , tap on OpeniBoot tab and install as shown below .
- After having OpeniBoot installed , press configure button on OpeniBoot menu and make your settings as shown in the image below .
That’s pretty much it. I tried to cover the whole process as detailed as possible. If you are still facing any problem installing Android on your device , or some steps needed to be added or changed , please let us know using the comments .
[ Many thanks to iPhone Dev Team for the App ]
Dont forget to share this tutorial with your friends . For more iphone 4 tutorials and tips , subscribe to our updates via email .
Here is a video below which shows Android OS running on iPhone 3G .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish