Do you want to use your iPhone iPod Touch and iPad as a plug and play USB device to carry large files , then this is the post you must be reading . Note that this process requires “No Jailbreaking” . Few pros and cons before we begin with the apps and their features .
- Requires No Jailbreak
- Uses iPhone Memory as a USB Flash Drive
- Easy to use
- Use it as iTunes alternative. Even Better than iTunes
- Complete and unrestricted access and read-write rights to all files on your device
- 100% Free to download and use [except DiskAid]
- Requires the program to be installed first
- Risk of overwriting or deleting system files by mistake
Apps that turn your iPhone into a USB Drive :
- iFunBox :
Take total control over your iPhone iPod Touch iPad with iFunBox , a Free to Use windows application which serves as a file explorer that is easy to use , robust and friendly .
- Use it to install .ipa files without requiring internet connection .
- Install Remove apps directly form computer in batch
- Use it for general purpose USB Storage [Cut Copy Paste Modify Search and other File Functions]
- Export Import music without iTunes
- Only downside , No Mac Version available
You can download iFunBox from official website here .
- iPhone Explorer :
iPhone Explorer don’t give options like iFun Box discussed above , but is available in both Windows and Mac Version . The interface is simplistic and clean . Use drag-and-drop method to move files . Compatible on iPhone iPod iPad and needs no jailbreaking . Again its a Free Version .
Download it from official website here .
- DiskAid :
Pretty much like the first application iFunBox but gives additional options like Access to Contacts and Text Messages . Export call history and notes . Copy Voice Memo’s , Camera Roll and listen to Voice Mail. Rest is all same with USB functionality giving external mass storage option . Available for 14 Days Trial .
You may like to check out the video preview below .
Download both Windows and Mac version from official website here .
Liked it ? Then Please share with Google +1 Button below and on Facebook .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish