Preserving baseband during upgrade is a thing of concern for iphone unlockers. Jailbroken phones get the baseband updated while upgrading to latest iOS version and loose their unlock in the process. But there is a trick to Preserve Your Baseband during Upgrade . Follow the detailed upgrade tutorial below to preserve your original baseband and not upgrading to 03.10.01 .
Very Important :
Steps to Upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 Preserving Baseband
- Install TinyUmbrella on your computer and exit iTunes
- Connect your device to the computer
- TinyUmbrella will then detect your device and display it on the left hand panel . Select your device and click on Save SHSH button .
- After the SHSH files are saved launch iTunes 10.1 and select your device.
- Now click on Restore tab . Keep TinyUmbrella running in the background .
- After the Restore has been completed you will see the Connect to iTunes symbol on your device . Close iTunes and goto TinyUmbrella window and click Exit Recovery button .
- Iphone 4 will now show the Apple Logo and start-up. We are done .
To check the iOS version and baseband , goto Settings - General - About . Scroll at the bottom and you can see the latest iOS version of your device.
Useful Links :
- iOS 4.2 Features – Why would you want to upgrade to iOS 4.2
- Jailbreak iOS 4.2 iPhone 4 - RedSn0w Jailbreak
Below is a quick 5 minute video from GadgetsDna which will show you exactly how you can upgrade to iOS 4.2 without upgrading the baseband to 03.10.01.
Upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 Preserving Original Baseband – Video :
Dont forget to share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook . To get more unlock and jailbreak updates via email , Subscribe or follow us on Facebook .
Below is an image shared by our reader Lunar : His iphone 4 is on iOS 4.2.1 with the baseband intact [02.10.04] . Image Credit
If you have images to share , please send in your entries using our contact form or mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish