Since smart phones have become so popular and are being used by serious business professionals as well as for personal use, the ease in which we can transfer data has improved ten-fold. No longer do we have to input all our contact information by hand every time we change our phone. If you have decided to swap your iPhone for an Android then all you have to do is follow these simple steps to transfer your contacts.
Method 1 : Transferring Contacts to Android using Google Sync
- Make a Google account if you don’t already have one. You will need this a bit later.
- Load up iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone, or other iOS device. Select it and clock on the info tab
- Check the option to Sync Contacts With option and choose Google Contacts.
- Click Configure and enter your Google account username and password.
- All your contacts are now stored safely inside your Google account! You can keep them here as backup should you ever lose your phone, or until you get a new one!
To transfer contacts to an Android device you just have to follow these next few steps :
- Go to Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync.
- Tap the option for Accounts and select Google.
- Select Sync contacts and you’re all done!
Method 2 : Synkontact Contacts Transfer App
Another way to sync your contacts is by using the app Synkontact available in App Store . This is a paid app available for $1.99 .
- Download this onto your iPhone.
- Launch the app and select the option to upload.
- Type in the name of your upload, John’s Contacts, for example.
- The contacts are uploaded from your phone and a password will be given to you. SAVE THIS PASSWORD.
- Download the app onto your new Android device and launch the program.
- Select download and enter your username and password you were given.
- Select merge to local and your contacts will download!
That’s two ways to transfer your contacts without the need to manually input each and every one. Easy as pie !Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish