Setting up and using email on iPhone is the easiest and one of the most handy tool you can ever have on a mobile device. You can just connect your Free Gmail – Yahoo – Hotmail* or any other supporting email service with your iPhone iPod iPad and Send and Receive Emails on your device without any additional charge [except for the internet data usage] .
Steps to Setup Email on iPhone iPod Touch iPad :
- Go to Settings and tap on Mail – Contacts – Calendars tab
- Now tap on Add Account tab
- Choose the email provider from the given list [Gmail , Yahoo , Aol etc ]. If you choose “Other” you may have to enter manual settings for the email handling client .
- Now enter your username and password for logging in
- After the login is accepted and verified , all your emails will be downloaded to your device.
From now on you will get notified of any new incoming email every 30 minutes . This notification can be changed from Settings menu .
*Hotmail service will be avilable from iOS 5 firmware onwards .