If you have recently jailbroken and Installed Cydia on iPhone 4S , here is the method to Remove Cydia and all the jailbreak apps . Please note that when you remove Cydia , you will also delete the jailbreak apps you downloaded from Cydia , the jailbreak appstore . This method also works for removing Cydia from iPhone 4 and older iPhone models , iPod Touch (all models) and iPads (all models) .
How to Remove Cydia from iPhone 4S :
- Connect your iPhone 4S with the computer and backup all your contents , data , contacts , music , videos and images using iTunes Backup feature . All iTunes backup files are stored here .
- Now click on Restore button .
- Itunes will connect with Apple Online Store and search for latest update . If there is any new iOS update available it will download the required files and re-install a fresh copy of the OS overwriting all instances of the jailbroken OS .
- After the Restore is complete , your iPhone 4S will reboot .
- Install the previous backup (Step 1) . Your iPhone 4S is now jailbreak free .
You can always re-jailbreak your phone in case you change your mind. All your Cydia purchases are stored online and once you re-jailbreak , you can download them back and use without any restrictions . Cydia identifies your device with its unique device registration code . Unlike iTunes you don’t have to register with an email and password .
Things to Remember :
Restoring your device using the above method will upgrade your modem baseband . Those who unlocked their phones through jailbreak will lose their unlock . Regular users are not affected with baseband upgrades .
Read : How to Manage Cydia Account