iPhone 4 ringtones in “m4r” format can be made using iTunes . Create your own custom ringtone which suites your personality and taste . Follow the tutorial below for complete details on this process .
Steps to make iPhone Ringtone :
- Launch iTunes
- Select a song and right-click on it and choose “Get Info” as shown below
- Now a window will open with the “Options” tab. Select it and enter the “Start Time” and “Stop Time” as shown below . Make sure the duration of the selected track must be 30 seconds or less to fit in as a ringtone for your iPhone . Longer ringtones are not accepted by the device.
- Close the window and go back to the song . Right click on the song again and this time select “Create AAC Version” as shown below . This will create a shorter ringtone version of the song just below the selected song in the songs library on iTunes .
- Locate this shortened song in your computer by going to C://>Users>UserName>My Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Music>SongName .
- Now that the file has been located , you have to rename it to .m4r extension. eg. sleepwalker.m4r inplace of .m4a
- If file extensions are not enabled on your computer , go to My Computer and select “Folder & Search Options” and under “View” tab unselect “Hide extensions for known file types” .
- Transfer this file to your iPhone by using iFunBox in the Ringtones Section. iFunBox is the easiest way to transfer files to your iPhone iPod Touch and iPad giving all the options of a File Manager and Explorer . iFunBox is a Freeware .
Changing Ringtone on iPhone :
- You can select the newly added ringtone on your iphone by going to “Settings“
- Now go to “Sounds“
- Select “Ringtone” and choose your new ringtone .