Jailbreaking iPod Touch 4 is simple with the easy to use jailbreak tools created by iPhone Dev Team . Follow the tutorials below to jailbreak your iPod Touch 4 on all iOS firmware . make sure your backup your device on iTunes before proceeding with any jailbreak action which also includes installing jailbreak apps from Cydia . To get more jailbreak updates on latest iOS release Subscribe to our Newsletter .
Quick Links :
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 4 5.1.1
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 4 iOS 5.0
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 4 iOS 5.0.1
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 4 iOS 5.1
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4 on iOS 6 Beta :
- First download iOS 6 beta ipsw file
- Install iOS 6 on your iPod Touch 4 without UDID or Developers Account
- Download Redsnow 0.9.13dev1 for Mac and Windows
- Launch Redsnow in Administrator mode in Windows
- Now click on Extras > Select IPSW
- Select the iOS 6 beta ipsw downloaded in Step 1
- Now go back to Redsnow homepage and click on Jailbreak
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your iPod Touch 4 in DFU mode by switching it OFF first
- Now hold Home and Power button for 10 seconds . As soon as the screen flashes leave the Power button and keep holding Home button till it’s on DFU mode and Redsnow detects it in DFU . Follow the image description as shown below .
- Redsnow will now do the rest of the process and jailbreak your iPod Touch 4
- You will see codes running on your iPod screen as shown here . wait for the process to complete and your device to reboot .
- Wait for iPod to reboot. after reboot use Redsnow and go to Extras > Just Boot to start your phone in tethered mode
Congratulations your iPod Touch 4 is now jailbroken on iOS 6 beta . There is no Cydia at the moment as it broken and will crash the firmware . Cydia can be installed any time now that the iPod Touch 4 jailbreak was successful . As soon as Cydia is available you will get 3D maps on your iPod Touch and other iOS 6 features that are limited to iPhone 4S , including SIRI virtual assistant .