iPhone 4S Jailbreak is finally out . You can now jailbreak iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 using Greenpois0n untethered jailbreak tool named Absinthe . Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak your iPhone 4S .
- Evasi0n Jailbreak for iOS 6.1 , 6.1.2 , 6.1.3 untethered Jailbreak
- Absinthe 2.0 Download – 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4S
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0, 5.0.1 (9A405 and 9A406)
- iPad 2 WiFi/GSM/CDMA running iOS 5.0.1
Steps to jailbreak iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 on Mac : Read for Windows
- Download Absinthe App on your computer . ( available on Mac & Windows )
- Connect your iPhone 4S with the USB cable
- Click on Jailbreak button as shown here .
- Allow Greenpois0n Absinthe app to do the work and put your device in Restore mode .
- Dont Touch the device until the restore is complete .
- Your device will now reboot .
- Search for Absinthe Icon on your phone and tap on it to launch Greenpois0n website . This will reboot the phone and install Cydia . Now start installing compatible jailbreak apps .
- (optional) If that doesn’t happen just open Settings > General > Network and turn on VPN . You’ll receive an error, which you need to dismiss, and then after a few seconds your device will reboot.
Update 1 : Redsn0w is now updated to support un-tethered jailbreak on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 . Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 for jailbreaking your A5 device
UPDATE 2 – 30/01/2015
So much has happened since this article was published. We are now on iOS 8.1.3 although if you want to jailbreak you should go no further than iOS 8.1.2, still being signed for now, as the latest update patches the jailbreaks. iPhone 4S users on iOS 8.1.2 can use either Taig or PP to jailbreak their iPhone with, although PP is for the Mac only. iOS 8 will likely be the last firmware to support the iPhone 4S so these may be the last jailbreaks for your device.
Please Note that this page will be updated regularly with the latest iPhone 4S Jailbreak News with upcoming firmware . It is a good idea to subscribe to our Free Newsletter to get these updates via email .
If you have any problems , please feel free to post your queries in the Jailbreak Forum . Subscribe to Jailbreak Apps and Tutorials below .
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish