Jailbreak software developers iH8sn0w has updated Snowbreeze to jailbreak the latest iOS version 6.0.1 . Snowbreeze is a jailbreaking tool that creates custom ipsw for jailbreak your iPhone . First you have to download iOS 6.0.1 ipsw and then run snowbreeze on it . Snowbreeze the inserts the jailbreak codes in the firmware files required to run Cydia . Now you can install this newly created custom ipsw file using iTunes . Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1 .
Note : This is a tethered jailbreak that works for iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4 . Old bootrom iPhone 3GS can be jailbroken , untethered using this tool .No other device can be jailbroken except the ones listed . This is a Windows Only tool. Mac and Linux users can use Redsn0w to jailbreak their devices . All modes within sn0wbreeze preserve the baseband.
How to Jailbreak iPhone using Snowbreeze :
- Download Snowbreeze 2.9.7 ( link ) on your computer and the iOS 6.0.1 ipsw file for your device .
- Extract the zipped file and run it in Administrator Mode
- Click on the OK button the the start screen and then followed by Next and Browse for IPSW
- After the file is selected , it will verify the file and show the success message
- Go to the next screen and click “Simple Mode” . Pre-select “Yes” to the Hacktivation option
- The custom ipsw will now be created using Snowbreeze now .
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your device into DFU mode, and click Start button to put the device into PwnedDFU mode using iReb. Your iPhone screen should stay black during Pwned DFU
- The Pwned iPhone 4 will now be detected by iTunes in Recovery Mode
- On iTunes select the device in the device list on your left and press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click Restore button on iTunes window
- Browse to the custom IPSW file created by Sn0wBreeze . It should be names something like this sn0wbreeze_iPhone_4-GSM-6.0.1-10A523
- After the selection is done , iTunes will process with the restore as usual . You will see the snowflake icon of Sn0wbreeze instead of Apple logo (image below)
- Your device will now boot normally and you can see Cydia icon on your home screen , however you cannot use it before tethered booting it
Doing Tethered Boot :
For doing the tethered boot you have to put the device in DFU mode . Open the iBooty folder created on the desktop after running the jailbreak process successfully and run iBooty. Select your device from the drop down menu, and click Start. Here is a video for help .
|Share on Facebook|| |
Edited and Published by Sourish