Acidsnow developers have fixed the copyright issues existing in their jailbreak tool and released a modified version which supports jailbreaking on iPhone 4 . Follow the tutorial below to use Acidsn0w to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4 , iPod Touch 4 and other iOS 5.0.1 supported devices except iPhone 4S and iPad 2 .
Note : Using this tutorial you can jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 with Acidsn0w . This is a tethered jailbreak . An un-tethered jailbreak is in the making and will be released soon. Check out updates at the bottom of this post .
Steps to use Acidsnow to jailbreak iPhone 4 :
- Download Acidsnow jailbreak link . **Mac Only
- Turn of your device and connect it to your Mac .
- Pt your device in DFU mode . Follow the instructions below to put your device in DFU .
- Once your device is in DFU mode , launch the Acidsn0w application and click on “Jailbreak” button
- The jailbreak process will begin and your device will reboot . You will now be able to see a white Cydia icon . This is because it is a tethered boot . To get normal Cydia icons you have to boot tethered by putting your device again on DFU and click on “Tethered Boot” button .
- Install Free Semi-Tether jailbreak app from Cydia to boot your phone without using your computer .
See Acidsn0w in action on YouTube :
Update : iOS 5 untethered jailbreak is coming up soon and a video of it was demoed recently . Stay tuned as we bring you more news , tutorials and download links of iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak .