iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak is now available for download . The exploit is available through Redsn0w and PwnageTool and uses @Pod2g’s untethered jailbreak exploit .Follow the three untethered jailbreak methods explained below for supported iOS 5.0.1 devices listed below .
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4 ( GSM , CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPad 1st generation
Method 1 : Redsn0w
Download Redsnow 0.9.10b1 and jailbreak your iPhone using the method explained here . You can also use any updated version or Redsn0w post version 0.9.10b1 . the Redsn0w Download page will be updated with the latest release .
- Backup your old jailbreak apps using AptBackup , xBackup or PkgBackup if already jailbroken .
- Upgrade your device to iOS 5.0.1 via iTunes (Ultrasn0w and Gevey Sim users should use custom iOS 5.0.1 ipsw for preserving baseband)
- Download Redsnow 0.9.10b1
- Launch the Redsnow.exe program in “Administrator Mode” and click on Jailbreak button
- New users simply leave it checked for first time jailbreaking . Uncheck “Install Cydia” if you are re-jailbreaking it from previous iOS 5.0.1untethered .
- Follow on-screen instructions and turn off your phone . Connect it to your PC/Mac and hit the next button
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode .
- Redsnow will now start doing its work . Your device will show some codes running on-screen and then it will reboot for full untethered jailbreak with Cydia installed .
Redsn0w Problem Fix :
Method 2 : Pwnage Tool
Download PwnageTool for Mac and jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered . Also preserves baseband for unlock using Ultrasnow 1.2.5 and gevey Sim on supported basebands .
- Download PwnageTool for iOS 5.0.1
- Launch the application on your Mac and select your iOS device ( iPhone 4 in this case)
- Now PwnageTool will search and find your iOS firmware (iOS 5.0.1) . If it is unable to find the firmware , choose “Expert” mode and browse the the ipsw file downloaded from Apple servers (link) .
- Now click on “Build” to create the custom IPSW for your device.
- Follow on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode (Pwned DFU) for restore with iTunes .
- Launch iTunes and select the custom ipsw file created by PwnageTool .
- To do this you have to press and hold Option + Restore button and select the custom firmware
- Itunes will now restore and jailbreak your device while also preserving its baseband for unlock with Ultrasn0w and Gevey Sim
Method 3 : Corona Jailbreak ( Cydia Tweak )
For already jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 devices , turn tethered jailbreak into untethered using simple cydia tweak . Corona Untether 5.0.1 supports: iPhone 4 (both GSM & CDMA), iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and iPad 1st generation . Your device must be pre-jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 .
- Upgrade Cydia ( by allowing any new update notification icon if showing) .
- Now go to “Search” tab and type in Corona
- Tap on the result to bring the install page . Tap on “Install” button to begin download and installation
- After the app is downloaded and installed , your device will reboot and untether your phone .
Read more about Corona Jailbreak .
Method 4 : Sn0wbreeze jailbreak
Snowbreeze version 2.9 has been released recently to jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered . You can read the complete jailbreak tutorial here . Please note that Sn0wbreeze is available for Windows Only and creates custom ipsw firmware file to jailbreak by restoring your iPhone on iTunes . Read more here .
Subscribe to our Free Newsletter for regular updates 24×7 .