Here is the step by step guide to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS . The tutorial below explains jailbreaking iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.1.1 firmware . If you are on a different firmware follow the links to jailbreak your iPhone specific firmware or alternatively upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 . This page will be updated with tutorial to jailbreak iPhone 3GS on the latest firmware .
Quick Jailbreak Links :
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.2
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 6.1.1
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 6.1
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 6.0
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS :
- First backup your iPhone 3GS on iTunes . Backing up all your important data before any jailbreak process is recommended .
- Download and install iOS 5.1.1 firmware if not already installed . You can choose to downgrade the iPad baseband using custom 5.1.1 ipsw file . 06.15.00 to 05.13.4 Baseband Downgrade explained in our previous article .
- Now Download Redsnow 0.0.14b1 on your computer running Mac or Windows operating system
- Windows users launch Redsn0w in Administrator Mode to avoid Uploading RamDisk Error
- Make sure your device is connected with the computer using the USB cable so that Redsn0w detects it at launch
- Now click on Jailbreak button on Redsnow as shown here .
- You will be presented with two options . “DFU Ramdisk” method or the “Backup/Restore” method. Choose “DFU Ramdisk” method
- RedSn0w will now ask you whether you have a New model or an Older model of iPhone 3GS . Select appropriately to proceed .
- Put your iPhone 3GS in DFU mode as shown below . Hold down Power button and Home button both together for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds release the Power button and keep holding on the home button for another 10 seconds .
- Now Redsnow will begin the jailbreak process on your iPhone 3GS . You will see some codes running on the screen as shown here . Allow the process to complete and iPhone 3GS to reboot .
- Go to home screen and you will be able to see Cydia icon . Start downloading jailbreak apps .
To get more updates about iPhone 3GS Jailbreak , Cydia Apps and Tweaks , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter .
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish