iPad can be jailbroken just like other iOS devices like iPhone 4S , iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4 on iOS 6 . Follow the tutorial to jailbreak your iPad on the latest firmware .
Quick Links :
Steps to Jailbreak iPad :
- First backup all your files and data on the iPad using iTunes by connecting with your PC or Mac and then click on the backup button
- Install iOS 6 beta ipsw on your iPad
- Now Download Redsnow 0.9.13dev1
- Launch Redsnow on PC in Administrator Mode
- Click on Extras > Select IPSW and select the iOS 6 ipsw file downloaded in Step 2
- Go back to Redsnow home screen and click on Jailbreak
- Power off your iPad and put it in DFU mode as shown in the image below
- To put the iPad in DFU mode , press and hold Power and Home button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds the screen will flash once , now leave the Power button and keep holding the Home button for another 10 seconds . Redsnow should now detect your iPad in DFU mode. iTunes will see it in Recovery mode .
- Redsnow will now begin the jailbreak process and run codes that will be displayed on the screen of your iPad . after the process is complete your iPad will reboot
- Use just boot Now option under Redsnow > Extras to boot in tethered mode .
- Congratulations , your iPad is now jailbroken . If you face any problem with the jailbreak , just connect with iTunes and click on the restore button. Your iPad will revert back to the original firmware .
Note : This process will not install Cydia on your iPad . This is a developers only version . To install Cydia on iOS 6 follow our next article .
Quick Jailbreak Links :
- Jailbreak iPad on iOS 5.1.1
- Jailbreak iPad on iOS 5.0
- Jailbreak iPad on iOS 5.0.1
- Jailbreak iPad on iOS 5.1
For more updates about iPad Jailbreak , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter which is updated 24×7 . If you have a question or problem related to iPad , visit our Forum and ask your question there . There is No Registration process involved in the Q&A Forum .
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish