iPhone Dev Team has released Redsnow 0.9.13dev1 to jailbreak iOS 6 beta that was released by Apple in WWDC 2012 . Those with a developers account can have access to the iOS 6 beta firmware because it needs a registered UDID to install and activate the iOS 6 beta . Some methods have proved successful in activation without any UDID registration which you can find here : How to Install iOS 6 without a Developers Account .
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 6 Beta 1 :
- First download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 on your Mac / Windows computer
- Launch Redsnow on your computer . Windows users launch in Administrator mode
- Download iOS 6 beta your iOS device
- Backup your phone on iTunes before proceeding to upgrade or jailbreak
- Select Extras from the main interface before clicking the Select IPSW option . now locate the iOS 6 beta ipsw file that you have downloaded
- Go back to main Redsnow interface and click on Jailbreak button
- Follow onscreen instructions to pour your phone in DFU mode. As soon as Redsnow detects your device in DFU mode it will begin the jailbreak process and your device screen will show these codes running on its black screen
- Your phone will reboot . It is in tethered mode . So now use Redsnow and go to Extras > Just Boot
Useful Links :
Note : This method will only jailbreak your phone and Not Install Cydia . According to MuscleNerd Cydia is broken on iOS 6 and needs to be fixed. This is a Developers Only jailbreak and meant for testing the new firmware .
To stay updated about Installing Cydia on iOS 6 , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter . We update 24×7 about Jailbreak Updates on our blog . Facebook and Google+ users can also connect with our fan pages . If you are facing any problem with iPhone 4 Jailbreak and Unlock , post your question in the Forum section . No registration is required to post questionsSponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish