iOS 6 beta 4 has been released by Apple . If you are a developer , you can download the firmware for your iPhone 4 here . The public release of iOS 6 is scheduled on 12th September 2012 , when it will be made available to the general public . iOS 6 will support iPhone 3GS and above models of iPhone . Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak iOS 6 beta 4 using Redsn0w on Mac and Windows operating system .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 6 beta 4 :
- First download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 from this link
- Backup all the important data on your iOS device (iPhone , iPod or iPad) using iTunes
- Download and Install iOS 6 beta 4 on your iPhone using this link .
- After the installation is complete run Redsnow on your computer . On Redsn0w go to Extras > Select IPSW option.
- Here select the downloaded ipsw file (iOS 6 beta 4) as done on Step 3
- Now go back to Redsn0w home screen and click Jailbreak button
- Follow on-screen instructions and connect your device using the USB cable
- Put your device in DFU mode when asked. For this you have to first Switch Off the device . Now press and hold Home and Power button for 10 seconds . Keep holding Home button and release Power button . Hold the Home button for 10 seconds and the screen will flash .
- As soon as the phone enters DFU mode , Redsnow will detect its DFU state and begin working on the jailbreak data . The jailbreak code now works on the phone and it will show codes running on the screen. Wait for the process to complete . It will reboot at the end of the cycle .
- Since this is a Tethered Jailbreak you have to use Redsnow to boot the phone . The process is simple . Go to Extras > Just Boot option to reboot the phone following on-screen instructions .
Download Links :
Tip : Stay tuned by subscribing to our Newsletter and get the Latest version of Redsn0w that supports iOS 6 jailbreak .