Those of you with an iOS Developers Account will be pleased to know that iOS 6.1 Beta 3 has now been released, 3 weeks after the last one and includes “bug fixes and other improvements”. As usual we are going to show you how to jailbreak it, providing you have a pre A5 device. If you are an iOS Developer then follow these steps below to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1 :
- Download iOS 6.1 Beta 3 from the Apple Developers Centre
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.15b3 and the iOS 6 firmware for your device
- Make sure your device is connected to your PC or Mac and then launch RedSn0w
- When the main screen appears, select Extras > Select IPSW and find the iOS 6 firmware you downloaded
- Go back to the main RedSn0w page and select Jailbreak
- When this has been done, make sure that Install Cydia is ticked and select Next
- Follow on-screen instructions to put your device into DFU mode and let Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 jailbreak do its work
- Back to the RedSn0w main page again and select back > IPSW and find the iOS 6.0 firmware file again. Select Just Boot
- Back into DFU mode again and a boot will begin – tethered (as untethered is not available yet). You should see a pineapple instead of Apple logo on your screen
- When you reach the lock screen, slide to unlock and go to the second page where you should see the Cydia App.
See the Video instructions below :
And that’s it, your device should now be successfully jailbroken. It’s a very easy process and, if followed to the letter should be successful.