Apple has released iOS 6 beta for developers only , which means inspite of having a preview of the iOS 6 firmware the general public cannot download iOS 6 and install it without buying a Developers Account which costs $99 per year . But we have figured out a way to download and install the firmware without registering the UDID of your device and still Activate it on iOS 6 . Follow the instructions below for details . Note that iOS 6 includes over 200 new features which includes new Maps app with turn-by-turn navigation , SIRI for iPad 3 and FaceTime over 3G cellular network .
Steps to Install iOS 6 without Developers Account :
- Download and Install iTunes 10.6.3 latest version
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your device with the USB . Select on your device name on the left panel
- Backup all data on your device on iTunes
- Now click on the Summary tab for your device on top
- Hold Down SHIFT key on a PC / Option key on a Mac and click on Update button
- Browse and select iOS 6 ipsw file for your device and click on OK . Please note that sharing and linking to iOS 6 ipsw files hosted on Non-Apple server is illegal . Follow this link to help yourself find the iOS 6 beta ipsw firmware files .
- Now sit back and let iTunes do the update
- Once done your device will reboot as show the updated version of iOS under Settings > General > About as shown here
- If you are stuck at Apple logo or connect to iTunes Screen after iOS 6 installation , just enter DFU mode and restore to iOS 5.1.1 by pressing Restore button on iTunes
- After installing iOS 6 you will get to see these awesome 3D maps on the default map application in homescreen . There is also voice guided navigation on all routes .
Please Note : iOS 6 beta 1 is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 4th gen, iPad 2, iPad 3 , Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3 only . Installing any of the beta builds requires iTunes 10.6.3 . With beta iOS versions you can always downgrade your firmware and baseband .
Supported Devices requiring No UDID Registration :
- iPod Touch 4 – working confirmed
- iPad 2 – confirmed
- iPad 3 – confirmed
- iPhone 4/ iPhone 4S – We received both working and not-working confirmations from our readers . Looking at the stats we received iPhone users are recommended not to upgrade to iOS 6 beta without a developers account and registered UDID .
|Share on Facebook|| |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish