If you have already jailbroken your iPhone and want to reinstall or repair your cydia, follow the tutorial below to install Cydia .deb file on your jailbroken idevice directly without re-jailbreaking .
How to Install Cydia :
Method 1 :
- First you must have a jailbroken device. Read this tutorial to learn How to Jailbreak
- After jailbreaking you have to SSH into your device. This method involves connecting to your device via a SSH client and accessing root files [system files] , which are otherwise blocked access by Apple . Read this article to use WinSCP to SSH in your device. Make sure your device have an active internet connection over your Home WiFi .
- Now launch the Terminal and type the following command to remove current installation of Cydia “apt-get remove cydia” without quotes
- To re-install cydia , issue the following commands “apt-get install cydia” without quotes
Method 2 :
- Download Cydia.deb file from here
- Use WinSCP or CyberDuck to copy it in your device .
- Use the following command to re-install Cydia dpkg -i /cydia.deb
- Now respring your device by issuing the following command killall -HUP SpringBoard
Method 3 :
Since you may not have Cydia in the first place to install OpenSSH that is required to run WinSCP , you can use iPhoneExplorer to copy paste the Cydia.deb File on the root directory of your iPhone and use any SSH Terminal Program on AppStore to issue the above commands on Method 2 from your iDevice . Sample Terminal App on AppStore link
Method 4 :
The first jailbreak that came out for iOS 8 was released without Cydia, leaving users to either forego the jailbreak or install Cydia themselves. To help those who chose to reinstall it, we have produced up to date instructions, which can be used by anyone who is missing the jailbreak app store, not just those on iOS 8. You can find those instructions here.
If you like this post , please give us a +1 below .
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish