Those of you that use your iPhone’s for email on a regular basis will probably have noticed that notifications about new emails are not always delivered very quickly.However, the actual process of checking for new mail and notifying you can be speeded up, if your mail provider uses Fetch.
Follow these step by step instructions to change your email settings :
- First you need to see which of your mail providers uses Fetch, Push or are set to Manual. To do this, open Settings
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars button
- Tap on Fetch New Data
- Tap on Advanced – this will reveal a list of the mail providers configured in iOS and show you if they are using Fetch, Push or Manual.
- Those that are on Fetch can be configured to speed up a bit. This can also help if you are set to Manual as well. Go to Settings
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Fetch New Data
- Change setting to read Every 15 Minutes
The default setting is to check every hour but this may be to slow for some of you. However, unless you have access to a charger throughout the day you may want to reconsider changing your settings, as changing so that your mail is fetched more frequently can have an effect on you battery life and you may find it dying halfway through the day.
For more How-to’s Subscribe .