Fed up with slow, buggy WiFi on iPhone 5 ? Read on to learn how you can manually improve your connection without leaving your house or taking your phone to a Genius Bar.
If you want a quick fix try Google’s DNS services – 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168. If you want better results that will yield a faster internet connection then read on.
- First off download NameBench onto your PC or Mac. This program will run for a few minutes to establish the fastest connections in your area.
- Once it’s finished make a note of the fastest connection and boot up your iPhone.
- Open Settings > WiFi and tap the blue arrow next to the network that you are connected to.
- Tap DNS adjust the settings (this is where you put in Google’s numbers for that quick fix) and tap in the numbers of the fastest connection.
- Come out of Settings and then check your connection. Go on Facebook, download or update an app or anything that requires a connection. Your internet speed should shot up .
Not every iPhone owner will experience this on every network, but if you do then you know exactly what to try to give your browsing a boost . To test the new improved WiFi speed you can also use SpeedTest app from AppStore .
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish