Occasionally while jailbreaking iPhone users comes across some problems which leaves the device unusable . Errors during jailbreak is quite normal and can be easily fixed . If you have recently tried jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod and it didn’t go well , here are few things you can do .
Common Errors during Jailbreak :
- Stuck at Apple Logo
- Stuck at Connect to iTunes
- Stuck at Pineapple Logo
- Black Screen
- iTunes Restore Error 3194
- iTunes Restore Error 2005
- iTunes Restore Error 21
All the above mentioned problems can be fixed easily without any technical know-how . The thing you have to do is get the device to DFU mode . New iPhone , iPod Touch and iPad users start to panic as soon as their device goes kaput after jailbreak and then they fret on their decision of jailbreaking . DFU mode can be easily achieved with correct timing of holding the power and home buttons . See instructions below to put your device into DFU mode .
Things to Know for Jailbreakers :
- Jailbreak does not hardware damage the device
- Jailbreak is reversible and all errors can be fixed at home
- These jailbreak problems require some time to fix and works on hit and trials for success . So be patient and try the methods explained below
How to Fix Failed Jailbreak :
- Uninstall and re-install iTunes or move to a different computer with iTunes installed
- Put your device in DFU mode (image below).
- Keep holding Home button and connect to iTunes via USB cable
- iTunes will detect your device in Recovery Mode .
- Press Restore button , agree and install the firmware . This will put your device to original state. Remember to backup so that you dont loose any data .
Please share this Tip with jailbreakers stuck with a non working iOS device after a failed jailbreak attempt . Subscribe to get more tips via Email . Ask your jailbreak problems in the Forum .