Like the Panorama feature , AutoCorrect Keyboard is also a hidden feature on iPhone 4 iOS 5 . You can enable this feature without having to jailbreak your device . Just follow the steps below to enable AutoCorrect Bar which is similar to the AutoCorrect bar we see on Android based phones .
How Auto-Correct Works :
Auto-Correct on iOS 5 activates a bar on top of your keyboard which shows auto-corrected options based on the alphabets you have entered which you can tap to insert into the text body as shown in the image above .
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad 2nd generation
- iPad 1st generation
- iPod Touch 4
Steps to Enable Auto-Correct Bar on iOS 5 :
- Connect your device with iTunes and take a backup
- Download iBackupBot (Windows and Mac) and install on your computer
- In the left hand panel select your device under available backups .
- Navigate to Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboard.plist and open the file by double clicking on it
- Add the following key <key>KeyboardAutocorrectionLists</key><string>YES</string>
- Close the file and save it
- No Restore the backup file by clicking on Restore icon .
- your iPhone 4 will now restart and the Auto-Correct Bar will be enabled .
Share this tip with your friends on Facebook .