Apple released iOS 4.1 firmware last week with many new features like HDR Photography and Gamecentre . Inspite of repeated alerts from us and the Dev team , many of you must have upgraded to iOS 4.1 and lost your jailbreak for iOS 4.0.1 . This tutorial will help you get back to older firmware and restore your Jailbreak .
#Important : You need your SHSH Blobs for the downgrade . Learn how to create SHSH blobs.
Downgrade Steps for iOS 4.1 on iPhone :
- Download your SHSH blobs from Sauriks server on your PC. For that you have to download Tiny Umbrella .
- Select the “Advanced Options” check box. Now under “Device/Version”, select the firmware version to which you want to downgrade (ie your previous JB version) as shown in the image below.
- Now click on “Save My SHSH” .This download and save your SHSH blobs from Sauriks’s Server.
- Now download the firmware you want to downgrade . iOS 4.0.1 in this case.
- Switch your mobile to DFU mode.
- Now Run TinyUmbrella and select “Display SHSH” . After doing that , Select “Start TSS Server” as shown in the image below.
- Launch iTunes . Older version preferably [pre iTunes 10 release].
- Plugin your iPhone and hold down SHIFT Key [Win]/ ALT Key[Mac] as you click on Restore.
- Now you phone will be downgraded to older iOS version of your choice.
- Open Tiny Umbrella and click on “Kick device out of Recovery” . Now you are done
- iTunes may give you the following error messages [error 1011, 1013, and 1015]. Just ignore them , you’ll be just fine.
- For downloads , refer to our iPhone Download Section.
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish