It has long been possible to download and even create custom ringtones for the iPhone. Now, with iOS 6 you can create your own customized vibration alerts as well. You can personalize your iPhone by assigning a different vibration pattern to different type of notification such as a new email, text message or voice mail. You cannot assign one to individual contacts though, not yet anyway. Here’s how to create your very own customized vibration pattern:-
- Go into Settings on your home screen.
- Scroll down to Sounds and choose one of the listed sounds and vibrations, i.e. ringtone, text tone or new mail etc.
- A list of available tones will appear. At the top of the list (you may have to scroll up) you will see it says Vibration. Tap on this.
- Scroll down to Custom and select Create New Vibration.
- This opens up a new screen that reads “Tap to create a vibration pattern”.
At this point, you are given a set amount of time in which to record your new vibration pattern. If you don’t want to use it all or decide to take a break, simply press Stop. You can always go back and add to it. When you are finished tap on Save and give your pattern a name.
There isn’t any limit to how many you can create and you will find all of your new ones listed under Custom Vibrations. Deleting is easy, simply tap on Edit. The hardest part about the whole process will be remembering what creation you have assigned to each app.