With rising online threats and increase in internet connections being hacked , browsing the web anonymously has become important for carrying out our daily online activities . With SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) under review in the United States , accessing the web will not be same again . Here is a way to access the web anonymously via VPN service which route all your web request (requests sent out by web browsers and other application that require access to the internet) through a secured VPN server .
What is VPN ?
VPN or Virtual Private Network creates a secure network connection over a public network such as a private network owned your internet service provider . Connections using VPN are protected by a strong encryption . VPN are being used large corporations, educational institutions, and government agencies to enable its users to securely connect to a network . In our case we will use our iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch on our regular home wi-fi / 3G – EDGE and setup VPN to access webpages anonymously .
How to Setup VPN for Anonymous Internet Access :
- Subscribe to a VPN Service [ Free VPN Services for iPhone ]
- Get your username and password for entering in your iOS device including other credentials (used below) as provided by your VPN service provider
- On your iPhone go to Settings > General > Network > VPN
- Turn on VPN and select PPTP/L2TP as shown in the image below
- After the connection is established all your Mobile Safari traffic will be passing through this secure server and cannot be traced back to you .
Please Share this tip with all iOS users out there . Let us know your views in the comment section below . Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our Free Newsletter to get Updates in your Inbox .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish