In the post JailbreakMe Pre-Requiste’s and Jailbreak Issues I have mentioned that users will require original SIM card to activate with itunes after jailbreaking their iPhone . Many users expressed their concern over this SIM Issue which has now been resolved .
If you want to activate the iPhone 4 without original supported SIM card, here is very simple solution provided by Sherif Hashim who helps the iPhone Dev Team in various Post-jailbreak issues.
** Tip : Standard sized SIM cards are not supported by Iphone 4 , so you will have to cut it down to Micro. Read More about this .
Only a couple of days back Hashim said iPhone users will require simple Phone Book SIM in order to activate their jailbroken device , but in this twitter update , he said that it can be done by an Hactivation patch.
Steps to Hacktivate your Iphone 4 on Cydia :
- Open Cydia and Select Manage Tab then Select Sources
- Tap over Edit and add http://cydia.pushfix.info and choose Add Source
- Return to Cydia Button and wait for the installation to complete
- Now search for Hactivation and install Hactivation patch
- Reboot your phone for the changes to take place
Please let me know through your comment , if this method worked out for the “Different Sim Detected Problem” faced by many of you during activation with iTunes.Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish