After a long wait, finally the Windows version of Greenpoison Jailbreak version RC5 is available for download . This new tool will allow you to perform an untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 4 running on iOS 4.2.1. The tool has come from the Chronic Dev Team and is a Windows-based utility. Like the Mac version it will support iOS 4.2.1 on the iPad, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
Image : GreenPoison Icon on iPhone
The jailbreaking method for GreenPoison on Windows is exactly same as the Mac version. If you face trouble installing Cydia from Loader.app , just jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6 and install Cydia from there. For other Greenpoison RC5 related problems refer to this post – Greenpoison RC5 Problems .
How to Jailbreak with GreenP0ison :
- Download GreenP0ison RC5 for Windows or Mac
- It will be a zip file so extract the files on to your desk top and click on the application to launch it
- Connect your iOS device to your PC and switch the device off
- Click the Jailbreak button on the GreenP0ison screen
- The GreenP0ison utility will now display a set of on-screen instructions on how to place your iOS device into DFU mode
- You will be asked to hold down the sleep button for 3 seconds
- After 3 seconds press the Home button as well and hold both for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, release the sleep button but continue to hold the home button for a further 15 seconds – you may have to do this a few times to get it right – and your iOS device will enter into DFU mode
- The jailbreak process will now begin – allow it to complete without interruption – and you will see some codes on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch screen
- Once the jailbreak has completed, you can close the app on your computer and look for the GreenP0ison loader icon on your home screen
- Tap on it to install Cydia to complete the process.