Search Answers :
Subject: Stuck on “Skull” at Boot
Iphone Version : iPod
Question Posted by : Charlotte
From : USA
I bought a iPod Touch 2G 8GB from someone. It worked fine. My sister tried to manually reset this device and once she did this I can’t get past the loading screen. I hold down the home and power buttons and it will power off. When I power back on it will show an apple then the apple does a “twist” and turns into a skull which is the GreenPoison Logo.
This ipod touch was jailbroken before I bought it. I plug it into itunes and it’s not recognized and doesn’t even show a device connected. Is there a program or something I can use to get it out of this mode? It was working fine before this. Help !
Answer : Answered by Charlotte
- Log into your iTunes account.
- Plug your iPod Touch into the computer.
- Hold down the Power and Home buttons. Sometimes it may take up to a full minute maybe two but when the iPod powers off, continue holding both buttons. It will cycle on again and when it does let go of the power button but continuing to hold the home button (never let go of the home button through this entire process).
- Once the apple starts to spin and turn into a skull then press down the power button and home button. The iPod should power off again and back on.
- Repeat this process again. Keep doing it holding the home key the entire time. Eventually it should go into the mode that Itunes will recognize it. It is also called DFU
Question Edited by Sourish