Search Answers :
Question Posted by : Tan CS
Hi, I have the problem to JailBreak my iPhone. The iPhone is 3GS with Modem Firmware 05.15.04. The workstation OS that I use are Windows XP with SP3. The iPhone has already unlocked.
My problem is when I run the GreenPois0n RC6, everything goes by the plan until I hit the JailBreak button, it take a while to run, then asked me to try again, the message said “JailBreak Failed “, during the JailBreak, my Iphone screen still appear blank and nothing shown. Firstly I thought this is the timing problem, so, I have tried atleast 30 times to perfect the timing, but it still the same.
As on troubleshooting this issue, I have try to restore the iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone, reset all my setting to factory default, change workstations to re-run the GreenPoison , all tried but still cannot, so, any idea ?
And for your information , previously I have crashed my iPhone before with v4.1, and that is why I have to upgrade to v4.2.1, and stuck with no jailbreak for a while, so, can this be the reason that I cannot do the JailBreak ? If so, any ways to overcome this ? I means is there any lower format on this phone beside of restore from iTunes ?
Hopefully my problem and solutions will help others that faced same problem as my. Please help.
Related : Green poison rc5 jailbreak
Iphone Version : 4
Question Posted by : Derek
From : Canada
I have an iPhone 4 jailbroken with green poison rc5 on os 4.2.1. I read on some sites and I heard that there are problems if you try and restore it to os 4.3 such as error messages and such. Is this true ?
Answer : by Alf
SOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 “Failed” Error
Ok, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the “Failed” error, here’s what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.
1. Make sure you’re using Greenpois0n RC5_2
2. Make sure device is connected to your Mac
3. Open Terminal
4. Type “cd Desktop” without quotes and hit enter
5. Type “open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n” without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start
6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak
7. Once jailbroken, a green “Loader” will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 8
8. Turn off your device
9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b6
10. Make sure the only option checked is “Install Cydia”
11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow
12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!
Question Edited by Sourish