Search Answers :
Question Posted by : Greg
Hey guys, just a really quick question I’m not sure of. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 4.1 with limera1n. I don’t want it jailbroken anymore . I just want to upgrade to iOS 4.2 firmware but I can’t simply restore because I get a error message 3194 when I try to restore it via itunes . Can I just update to iOS 4.2 firmware with no problem.
Once again I don’t care if I lose the jailbreak for iphone 4 .
Please help asap. Thanks
Question Posted by : Antonio Manuel
Hi, When I was following the tutorial of snowbreeze to jailbreak my iPhone 4 v4.3 I get 3194 error during itunes restore process pressing shift. Then I have tried to restore & update from itunes without press shift and iTunes shows me 1394 error again. Do you now what is happened ?
Answer 1 :
1. Exit iTunes.
2. Locate your hosts file. You can find this file in C:windowssystem32drivershosts
3. Now, open the hosts file with Notepad using Administrator privileges to edit this file so make sure you open Notepad with Administrator Privileges by right-clicking Notepad and select Run as Administrator.
4. At the bottom of the hosts file, one line below the last text, type in this #18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com
5. Launch iTunes and connect your phone .
6. Put your device into DFU Mode when it is connected to your computer. iTunes should detach your device is in the recovery mode.
7. Now, you can use iTunes to restore the iPhone .
8. After you have updated your firmware , in the hosts file which you have edited earlier remove the #22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com line that you added. This is to allow iTunes to perform updates as usual.
Answer 2 : Try iReb . You can both jailbreak and upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 fimrware using RedSnow Jailbreak for Iphone 4 4.2 . RedSn0w Jailbreak tool will cook custom .ipsw file and restore your phone to that firmware . Before that you have to upgrade to iOS 4.2 using iTunes .
Answer 3 : By Program Core
Step 1: go to: START> ALL PROGRAMS> ACCESSORIES
Step 2: Then give click right the notebook to choose the option run as administrator to enter as administrator.
Step 3: Within Notepad, click File> Open
Step 4: Then go to the following directory:
Make sure you have selected the ability to view all files.
Step 5: Open file with the name “hosts” if writing to final all, the following:
Step 6: Select File> Save to save the changes.
Step 7: Now connect your computer to iTunes in recovery mode:
- Turn off the computer (iphone, ipod). This must be connected to the computer.
- Press the POWER button until the apple and without releasing it press the MENU button until the apple disappears, then release the POWER button and hold the MENU button until the computer recognize them (no more than 5 seconds) and then itunes will detect it as a recovery mode
- The team (iphone, ipod) will tell you that you connect to the computer
- Now go to iTunes and press the RESET button with the SHIFT key.
- Select the firmware installed.
- Follow procedure restoration.
Answer 4 : IF YOU GET ERROR 3194+
* Close down any TinyUmbrella’s.
* Remove Cydia’s SHSH caching server from your hosts
You can do this via TinyUmbrella aswell . Launch TinyUmbrella and goto Advanced tab. De-Select the option as shown below . Click on Apply Settings .
Note : If you are still getting Error 3194 , that means apple is not signing the firmware anymore . You are out of luck .
Question Edited by Sourish