If you are facing error 3002 , error 3200 or similar error while trying to restore or update to latest iOS 5 firmware , this solution is going to help you .
Steps to fix iTunes Error 3002 3200 :
- Download iOS 5 ipsw file for your iPhone iPod Touch or iPad
- Download latest version of iTunes 10.5 and above
- Now Windows users go to C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Update
- Copy paste the ipsw file downloaded in Step 1
- Now try to restore using iTunes . Itunes will detect the firmware file in its directory and install it without throwing any further errors .
Note : AppData is a system file and maybe hidden in your Windows computer . In this case you have to enable “Show Hidden Files” by going to Organize > Folder and Search Options . Then under View tab enable the settings on Windows 7.
Mac users go to the following location /Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
Itunes may still throw more errors after this fix and put your device on Recovery mode with connect to iTunes logo on the device . Keep trying and it will succeed in upgrading to the iOS 5 firmware .