iPhone users who access websites with Mobile Safari occasionally come across YouTube and media video content that cannot be viewed . Webpages with embedded YouTube videos often don’t function on their mobile browsers , however they work fine on a desktop . To fix this issue follow the tutorial below .
Disable YouTube Video Restriction on iOS :
For many reasons restriction on watching YouTube videos may have been enabled on your device . You have to find and disable any restrictions to be able to watch any online video content on web pages . Many times a jailbreak triggers this restriction and YouTube gets disabled . However videos on YouTube.com will play fine and also on the YouTube app .
Steps to Enabled YouTube Video :
- Check to see if you can find your stock YouTube app on your home screen . If it is not present , you have to un-hide it . Go to Next Step
- On home screen go to Settings > General > Restrictions
- There disable YouTube to remove any restriction .
- Try to view a webpage with an embedded video on it . Our blog has many YouTube videos .
Stay tuned as we bring you more updates and tips about using your iPhone . Subscribe to get these updates by email .
*** Advanced : For Bloggers and Online Publishers
If you own a website which runs on WordPress , you can use just do this in a post in html mode . Few variations may include options to select your own video players size . Plugins like SmartYoutube also helps simplify the embedding process while publishing posts .
[ embed]http ://www.youtube.com/url[/embed]
[ embed width="123" height="456"]http ://www.youtube.com/url[/embed]
Blogspot User just click on “Share” and then on “Embed” to find the embed code. Copy the code, then paste it into your blog while on the “Edit HTML” tab (as opposed to the “Compose” tab).
Sites you can embed from are listed below . You can use all of these .
- YouTube (only public videos and playlists – “unlisted” and “private” videos will not embed)
- Flickr (both videos and images)
- WordPress.tv (only VideoPress-type videos for the time being)
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish