If you have updated your iOS device beyond iOS 9.3.3, you will have lost the chance to jailbreak [as of now], always assuming that you want to jailbreak in the first place. If you want to be able to modify your iOS device without Downloading Cydia [ext link], you can use an app called Extensify. This allows you to add modifications and new features to stock and to third party apps without actually replacing the app.
Image : Extensify Helper Download
This is done by way of tweaks called Exos. When you download an Exo, rather than replacing the app, you download a modified version of the app, denoted by a + added to the name. For example, Cercube is an Exo that modifies YouTube and downloading it will give you an app called YouTube +, but it is worth noting that you are not allowed to have two of the same app at the same time.
Can I Download Straight onto My iOS Device ?
Yes and no. If you are using an iOS version between iOS 8 and iOS 9.2.1 then you can Download Extensify [ext link] straight onto your device with the help of our download tutorial. If you are on iOS 9.3 or higher, you will have to use your Mac or Windows computer and another piece of software called Extensify Helper to get the app onto your iOS device.
How to Install Extensify using Extensify Helper :
- If you don’t already have it, download iTunes [ext link] onto your computer. You won’t actually be using it throughout this process but it does need to be installed for Extensify Helper to work
- Download and then launch Extensify Helper [ext link] on your Windows or Mac
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer using the correct cable
- If you get a message that says “Trust this computer”, click on Trust
- If any other messages pop up on the screen, use the “x” in the corner of the message to close it down
- Click on Install Extensify from the drop-down menu on the main Extensify Helper screen
- Click the Start button and leave your computer and iOS device while Extensify is installed
- When the installation is complete, you should see the icon for Extensify on your iOS device home screen
Are All the Exos Free ?
Most Exos contained in Extensify are free to download and use but, every now and again, you may come across one that needs to be paid for. The developer will clearly mark the price so that you can decide whether to purchase it or not.
For more news and tips like this one, follow us on Facebook.