Apple’s iOS firmware now stands at iOS 6.1.2 and, up to this update, the jailbreak tool evasi0n remains safe. If you have an iPhone 5 that you haven’t yet jailbroken, here’s how to do it:
- Using iCloud or iTunes make a backup of your iPhone 5.
- Using iTunes, update your iPhone 5 to iOS 6.1.2. If you do it OTA the jailbreak may not work.
- If you have a pass code lock set, remove it for now. You can do this in the Settings, General menu of your iPhone 5.
- Download evasi0n – make sure you choose the correct version for your operating system.
- Launch evasi0n from your desktop and connect your iPhone 5.
- When evasi0n has recognized your iPhone 5, click on Jailbreak.
- Don’t touch your iPhone 5 or the computer until you asked to by evasi0n – it may appear to be stuck but it isn’t. You will be asked to unlock your home screen.
- Locate and tap on the Jailbreak icon on your home screen – unless you have loads of apps, it will be on page 2.
- Evasi0n will now complete the jailbreak, restarting your iPhone 5 several times during the process.
- When evasi0n tells you the jailbreak is complete you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen. To set up Cydia, tap to open, confirm your status as user, developer or owner and Cydia will proceed to load up a few default repositories.
Once that’s complete, your iPhone 5 is jailbroken and you can start customizing it how you see fit.
Youtube Video :