Snowbreeze is 2.9.6 is available for download on Windows to jailbreak iPhone 4 and support Apple TV 5.0.2 . Snowbreeze supports jailbreak starting on iOS 3.1.3, 3.2.x, 4.0.x, 4.1, 4.2.1 to 4.2.8, 4.3 to 4.3.3, 4.4.3, 4.4.4, 5.0.1, 5.0.2 upto 5.1.1 . Sn0wbreeze provides untethered jailbreak for Apple TV running iOS 5.0.2 firmware. If you are using Apple TV 2G we recommend using Sn0wbreeze for 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak. Sn0wbreeze not only jailbreaks Apple TV, you can also jailbreak a wide range of iOS devices including iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch . Follow the instructions below to download and jailbreak your iOS device with Snowbreeze 2.96 by creating custom ipsw firmware . Separate instructions given for iPhone and Apple TV users . The restore and custom firmware creating is same in both the devices .
Steps to Jailbreak using Snowbreeze 2.9.6 :
- Download Snowbreeze 2.9.6 for your Windows PC – link
- Launch Snowbreeze and click the blue arrow
- Now click on “Browse for an IPSW” option and select the original 5.1.1 IPSW firmware file for your iOS device
- Now click on the blue arrow to proceed
- Apple TV users will be taken directly to the custom firmware creation screen . iPhone users select “Simple Mode” and allow Sn0wbreeze do the rest of the custom ipsw creation process .
- After the process is over Sn0wbreeze will place the 5.1.1 custom IPSW file on your desktop
- Follow onscreen instructions on Snowbreeze to put your Apple TV in pwned DFU mode by connecting your Apple TV using the micro-USB cable ( leave power disconnected ) . Hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seven seconds. Apple TV will enter in DFU mode.
- If you are jailbreaking iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch follow the image below for DFU mode technique .
- Now Open iTunes on your computer
- iTunes should detect your device in Recovery mode .
- Press and hold SHIFT key on your PC keyboard and click on Restore button on iTunes
- Now select the custom IPSW created in Step 6 .
- iTunes will now restore your device to a jailbroken 5.1.1 firmware . Your Apple TV 2G and iPhone is now jailbroken . Install the jailbreak apps now .
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish