iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is here with Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 . Redsn0w brings Cor0na A5 untethered jailbreak packed into its Beta 7 version . You can already jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 using Absinthe jailbreak tool . All previous versions of Redsnow supported only A4 powered devices like iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4 . Redsn0w is available for download on both Mac and Windows operating system . Re-installing Redsnow jailbreak is possible if you have uninstalled it by running it over again . Install iOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone 4S and follow the jailbreak installation instructions below .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4S using Redsn0w :
- Download Redsnow 0.9.10b7 (Mac/Windows)
- Launch the application (on Administrator Mode in Windows OS) and connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 with the USB cable on your computer
- Click on Jailbreak button then check “Install Cydia” option
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your iPhone 4S – iPad 2 in DFU mode
- As soon you have put your device in DFU , Redsnow will detect it and jailbreak process will begin as shown here .
- Your device will now reboot for the changes to take place and Cydia icon will appear on Home screen
Redsnow Jailbreak Problems & Solutions :
- Redsn0w – Stopped Working
- Error Uploading RamDisk Problem – Redsn0w