Apple has announced the iOS 6 ipsw firmware with awesome new features listed below .
- 3D Maps : You will be able to see visual and spoken turn-by-turn navigation and real-time traffic updates on your Maps app. This is along missing feature on the iPhone which is there even on a cheap Nokia phone . The new Maps uses the most accurate GPS navigation existing on the iPhone .
- SIRI : Siri now understands more languages and works in more countries. Now available on the new iPad
- Facebook : Since Facebook has become a part of our daily life , you get more Facebook integration on iOS with direct image share from camera app .
- Facetime : Much awaited Facetime on 3G is now available .
- more …
How to download iOS 6 firmware on your iOS device :
There are three different ways to download iOS 6 . Follow the steps explained below to download and install iOS 6.0 firmware on your iPhone ,. iPod Touch and iPad .
Method 1 : iTunes
If you have a Mac or PC, you can install iTunes and the connect your iPhone using the USB cable . iTunes should detect your device and suggest an update by looking online . Make sure you have a working internet connection . If it doesn’t show and update , just go to Help > Check for Updates as shown in the image below .
Method 2 : OTA Update – Over The Air
Starting iOS 5.0 you can directly upgrade your WiFi enabled device using OTA update without needing and computer . The OTA update is smaller in size as only the required file are downloaded instead of doing a complete wipe and restore of new firmware files . Generally OTA updates are less than 100 MB as opposed to 700 MB files when downloaded via iTunes or IPSW method explained below .
Method 3 : IPSW Download :
Directly download iOS 6 ipsw files for te respective device from Apple servers . Move these files from one computer to the other to re-use on several compatible iOS devices . This is a very effective way for those with slow internet connection . However an internet connection is required to validate the firmware files or else it will throw and restore error . You can use iOS 6 ipsw files to create custom firmware and during jailbreak
- iPhone 4S ( for links read below )
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- Apple TV 2G
Get iOS 6 Direct Download Links in your Inbox
According to reports , Apple will publicly release iOS 6 firmware this coming fall . Those with Developers account can download and install it on their phone . You will need to go to iPhone Dev Center and register your account by paying $100 . It allows you to add 100 iOS devices that can run the beta version of iOS 6 and all upcoming beta releases not available to the general public . Pir@ted downloads are available and can be found by Googling . After you download these illegitimate iOS 6 beta files , follow the tutorial here to Install iOS 6 without UDID registration .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish